Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to put in a hydraulic clutch MC/Slave into my '69 Camaro when I go to a Tremec TKO tranny. For the time being I am going to stick with the stock power brake booster until I move over to a Hydraboost system. Any ideas on what clutch MC (either OEM style or aftermarket) that I could get to clear the stock booster? Any pics? BTW, the car is currently a column shift auto so I need to swap over the manual pedals. I have no manual parts so keep that in mind if any ideas to use parts from the stock setup. Thanks for your help.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
8,747 Posts
Mike,

I did one in my Camaro using a modified bracket from http://www.t56kit.com/

It's for a T56 but I modified the bracket to look like this:

and used a universal Tilton master. The other option is a bracket from Weir Products that we used in a friends 69; it (like ATS') is for a T56 but would work fine if he'll sell you the bracket and master separately (I think he will). It bolts to the side of the subframe in existing holes (no drilling) and is setup for a universal Tilton master. They both clear a power booster. The Weir unit is like this:

It's the flat plate I'm talking about.Both ways would use the stock pedal from the car. The master i.d. would depend on which hydraulic bearing you used.
Jody

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jody- Thanks for the reply.

Looking at the pics, I kind of understand how the ATS one works (I assume the master is tilted down). The Wier one I am a little baffled by. When you say it bolts to the side of the subframe, does that mean inside or outside of the subframe? If so, isn't the master pointing the wrong way? Or is it mounted to the top of the subframe which would put the master in the correct location. Thanks for some clairification.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
8,747 Posts
Here's a pic of the master with the modified ATS bracket I used with my TKO. It's hard to see but the master is angled upward to the clutch pedal.

The Weir unit bolts to the outside of the frame rail (the side facing the tire) and the clutch master bolts to that at basically the same upward angle that the stock clutch rod has. This way the leverage is correct and the clutch master rod uses the stock firewall hole that the manual clutch rod would normally use. Either are a true bolt-on with no cutting or drilling.

Jody

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK Jody, I checked your site and the pice from the side really gives a good view of the MC. My questions is this, looking at that pic, is there enough room for the clutch MC with the stock Camaro power brake booster? Looks kind of tight even with the manual brake booster. Thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts