Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has one and how these convesions work with factory tacs ?? Are there any pros and cons?? kevin.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have it and am now having problems with my new factory tach. I am researching forums to figure out what to do. I think it is complicated by my recent alternator upgrade.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I called crane tech support and got the run around. They first asked me to confirm the tach is in fact good. I told him it was a brand new repo tach. He asked me to check it before going further by hooking up another one. He said the electronic unit has no history of causing problems with domestic equipment, just some imports. But even if I hook up a new over the counter tach, and it works, it does not mean my 1969 tach is bad. Right? Whatever.

I think it is highly unlikely my tach doesn't work. It seems to stick at 2000 or zero after start when idling, then seem to work for while, then stick again. I was going to try the radio shack thing mentioned in the other post. If that doesn't work maybe try a Dave's small body.

Could my alternator upgrade have complicated things? I ran the car for an hour or so before having alternators swapped and I THINK it may have worked okay.

Thanks in advance for your input.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts