Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a set of flowtech headers for my 67rs. My alternator is mounted to my driverside exaust manifold. I called summet to see if they had an adapter kit, but that was a no go. I wanted to see if any of you had run into the same situation.

thanx
james

------------------
Stock 67 327 RS
www.angelfire.com/ca7/goatjjcamarors/index.html

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How did ya mount it to the headers?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The top bracket is part of the manifold though. Im sorry the bottom is.(correction)

[This message has been edited by goatjj (edited 06-11-2001).]

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Many header manufacturers make alt. brackets, they seem to be fairly universal. You may have to trim the bracket a little to make it fit. Does your car have a/c?

------------------
68 convertible

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have a 67 with flowtech afterburner headers, I took one of the universal brackets ccpeat talked about (Mr. Gasket makes them) and welded it to the header flange. It normally bolts to the #1 header tube bolts. It works really well. You don't have to weld them but the bolts don't fit very good.
Stephen

------------------
67 RS/SS 350 700R4
69 SS clone unfinished
72 454 Weekend Racer

·
Registered
131 Posts
I've seen chrome brackets for sale on ebay and at noahperformance.com to use with headers. Hope this helps.

------------------
Jim Byrd
1970 350 four bolt, .060, Speed pro hyper pistons, stock crank and rods, '77 vette GM manifold, edelbrock 600cfm, comp magnum 280H cam, '993' 75cc heads, comp springs, manley valves 1.96"-- In 1972 Nova, aka Camaro killer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts