Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i've been in houston for the past 3 months and my car has been in the garage with my dad starting the car up occasionally. A couple of days ago I started the car and started driving it when i noticed the temperature was climbing really fast, which it would never do. I pulled over to find no water in the radiator and all of it in the oil pan. The intake was taken off to find that the intake gaskets are all in one piece with no tears or nothing. The block is a 10066036 made in mexico block. Are there any known problems with these blocks? Please help me if you can, I'm getting stressed out:(. Also, I pulled all the plugs out and they are dry as when I drove it before this happened.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
You say "water" and you've been gone 3 months...that would be Dec.,Jan.,Feb. your profile doesnt say, but are you in a cold climate,and if so and it is water then you could have a crack somewhere.Just a thought...you may be using water as a generic for anti-freeze,but that was the first thing that jumped out at me

·
Premium Member
2,006 Posts
When you say you had anti-freeze in your oil pan, was it mixed with the oil to create a creamy fluid?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I think I would start by filling the radiator up and letting it sit for a day or two...cold.See if it leaks down cold.if not then i would start it let it run a while and check it to see if its leaked down. That will localize it first and foremost as something that will leak all the time or something thats being affected by heat and expansion.just a thought

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
My step brother had a lube joint change his oil a couple months ago and the ding dongs (I'll avoid mentioning their name) put antifreeze in his oil pan (the green stuff - not the dexcool that was in the cooling system). Long story short, the engine seized up after just a few minutes of running. He eventually learned a main bearing had failed. Apparently glycol antifreeze is very corrosive to the babbit material on the bearings. Hopefully your engine doesn't suffer the same fate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts