Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im havin a brain fart. I had a local teenager helpin me install the tranny in the car. I had him remove the HEI cap so that it would break when we let the engine down to pull the tranny. When he removed it, he didnt unhook the wires coming from the distributor base upto the cap. The three wires that come from the cap have now all been pulled loose from the terminal and I, for the life oof me, can not remember where each wire goes. There is a red for the switched +12 volts, a brown wire for ?, and the other wire for ?

Can anyone look at thier setup and tell me or take a picture of where each wire goes? I would greatly appreciate it. Once I get the distributor back in all I have to do is bleed my new hydraulic clutch from Wier or Weir Hot Rod products and run the line to the tranny and see if my new setup works.

You guys know I always greatly appreciate your help.

·
Registered
10,515 Posts
On the cap, there should be five places for the terminals to attach, right next to each other. The 12V switched from the car harness should go to the terminal marked "BAT" The brown from the car harness is likely your "TACH" feed wire if you have a factory tach. These are the outside 2 terminals.

The three wires from the dist body to the cap terminal are, from front to back, BROWN, BLACK, RED. These 3 wires are in the dist body female plug, closest to the center of the cap. (The inside 3)

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AL, I certainly appreciate you quick response.

Now, I have all but the brown wire ready to hook back up. Where does the brown wire go? One end of it is attached to the Distributor cap with the other two and the other end goes into the distributor underneath the cap. I dont see where it hooks up at under the cap. I dont see a place for it to connect to. I dont think it goes to the ignition module does it? Man, Im anxious to get this going... lol
Its just the brown wire driving me nuts.

·
Registered
10,515 Posts
OK. Looking at the dist, rotor removed. Vac canister on your left, module on your right. 4 wires connect to the module. On the LEFT side of the module, front to back: BROWN from harness, then 2 REDS clipped together (one from harness, one to condensor). Right side of module, front to back: WHITE, GREEN to shutter wheel. The BLACK from the harness grounds to the condensor attachment screw with a ring terminal.

I have this dist just sitting on my shelf.

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LMAO... I cant see where/what the brown wire connects to inside the distributor. Am I missing something?

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OH!! It connects to the module...Lemme see if thats the righte spot on my dizzy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts