Team Camaro Tech banner
161 - 174 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 ·
Small Update - after a few days of conversation with CC they have agreed to accept the return of there fans and shroud and give me a credit (60 day cooling guarantee). I have hit the pause button on the VA Monster fan as I am having the brackets moved on my CC Radiator to get it closer to the core support. Also waiting on a test run result from Willy. Lastly I am getting some custom dyno tuning done next week so after all this stuff is done I will re-visit the fan. My Expectation is that I will be getting the Monster fan ordered Next Week.

Reactions: srode

·
Registered
1969 Camaro SS 427
14 Posts
Small Update - after a few days of conversation with CC they have agreed to accept the return of there fans and shroud and give me a credit (60 day cooling guarantee). I have hit the pause button on the VA Monster fan as I am having the brackets moved on my CC Radiator to get it closer to the core support. Also waiting on a test run result from Willy. Lastly I am getting some custom dyno tuning done next week so after all this stuff is done I will re-visit the fan. My Expectation is that I will be getting the Monster fan ordered Next Week.
Thanks for the update.

If you were within the 60 day cooling guarantee, I'm not sure why you'd have to spend a few days on the phone with them. They should just honor it with that first phone call. But, I am glad they'll take them back and give you some credit. Unfortunately, I'm outside of that 60 day cooling guarantee, so when that shroud and e-fans come off, I'm stuck with them.

I'm putting on a new fuel log and fuel line from the fuel pump, so I'll be doing the new water pump and bypass set up at that time. Once I see how that does then I'll re-evaluate and most likely move on to a new fan set up.

Keep us posted!

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 ·
SO just a little some thing we got done today. SO much stuff is torn down and parts swapping - It sucks really!
Automotive tire Welder Welding Asphalt Flooring
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Asphalt City Gas

Reactions: Worn Out Welder

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #165 ·
SO - not a lot of sexy stuff to report. But FYI - I changed the distributor weights and cam (in an effort to properly Tune this thing). Installed a new ATI Harmonic Balancer to verify correct timing (Used a Piston stop to get exact TDC on Pointer - It was 2 degrees retarded). New Hoses, ALSO installed the modified radiator. As you can see from the pictures its like 1/16" or less from the Core support now. I gained 1/4" by Moving the Brackets. Solid 4" of room for Monster Fan which I am ordering tomorrow. After Willy's Results I am 99% confident the Fan will push me past the finish Line! Some Pics just for fun.

Attachments

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 ·
DAMIT..... Vintage Air is making "Upgrades" to the Monster fan. Its not available for sale right now! Always something man

EDIT - They just called me back and said they hope to have it done by the end of next week

·
Premium Member
1968 Camaro LS3 TH400 Moser 9” DSE mini tubs
921 Posts
DAMIT..... Vintage Air is making "Upgrades" to the Monster fan. Its not available for sale right now! Always something man

EDIT - They just called me back and said they hope to have it done by the end of next week
I usually get the last one in stock, and then find out the new version is better than a bag of quarters on nickel night at the cat house. 👍

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #169 ·
Upgrades? What The.............what kind of upgrades?
They did not say. I do not know? The sales guy contacted the lead engineer and he said they hope to be done by the end of next week. I understand others are waiting on them to become available also. I will inquire on what changes have bin made when I order it.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I usually get the last one in stock, and then find out the new version is better than a bag of quarters on nickel night at the cat house. 👍
Don’t get greedy. 😁
Yours is done and working. Newer is not always “better”.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 ·
Don’t get greedy. 😁
Yours is done and working. Newer is not always “better”.
If my Junk was working I would never look back! lol

Reactions: rp930

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #173 ·
I just hope they didn't find an issue and are now correcting it
I got my stuff ordered this morning. I asked about the "Upgrades" and the guy had no Idea what I was talking about??? I am not really sure what happened last week? They told me 2 to 3 weeks and I am waiting on a confirmation email =)

Reactions: rp930 and dhutton

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Is this like a Free Willy event? No upgrades to the fan he just bought and it doesn’t overheat anymore. Awesome!

161 - 174 of 174 Posts