Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i dunno if this is the right forum for this question but im new here.
i own a 1982 z28 camaro and my flasher just went out (the thing that makes the left and right turn signal flash.)

the lights just stay on when i go to turn. but when i turn on my emergency lights they blink perfectly fine. dos anyone kno whats wrong? and if it is the flasher that needs 2 be replaced, where is it? ive looked everywhere. the only place i havent looked in behind the dashboard. would it be in there?

thanx 2 anyone who can help

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
see thats the thing. all the lights work. when im driving at night. all the nights work perfectly fine. they just wont flash

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Do the bright filaments illuminate at both ends when you turn the turn signal for that direction turn? Some even had marker lights that flash. The signal filament and the park light filament are seperate. In the back of the owners manual there should be a page under 'specications' or 'fuses and breakers' that will tell you where the flasher...light flasher...is located.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Replace your flasher under the dash. Your hazard lights use a seperate flasher located at the fuse box, so the 4-ways will work even when the turn signal flasher fails.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
all the lights work perfectly fine. like the little green arrows turn on 2 but those aswell dont flash. thank u all for ur help, so is the flasher under the dashboard or behind it?

·
Registered
860 Posts
there should be one flasher in the fuse box which is for the four ways and the other should be clipped under the dash on the drivers side,,just remove the plastic panel under the bottom and you should find it,, Frank

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Usually on the 3rd gen Camaros, the flasher is just stuffed up in the dash around the steering column area. You might have to just feel around that area until you find it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok i will check under the dash. im a n00b big time hahaha. i suck at working on cars thanx for all the help. ill post back with the update

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok so I still can't find it lol. Can anyone like in detail tell me where the heck the flasher is on an 82 z28 camaro. I'm stumped haha. Its not the fuse. its the acctual flasher. The thingy that makes them flash. Its not in the fuse box. There is no way of accessing like anything besides the fuse box without taking out my dash. Soooo is the flasher in my dash? I don't wana take it out and it not be in there.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
you could go buy a manual from a local part store, it should have pictures to show were the flasher it

but from the sounds of it the flasher is above the lowest panel in your dash
the panel is below the steering column, right around where your knees are
my guess is that its about 10" deep and 24 inches wide probably 4 or so screws/bolts holding it on and a few clips

good luck

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok so I found the flasher finally hahahaha. Thank u 2 everyone who contributeed to this glorious day! Lol thanks again everyone

1 - 13 of 13 Posts