Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is you all's experience:

For a 67, do the Universal Hazard/Flashers that you find at CHECKERS, NAPA, AUTO ZONE etc. work just fine, or did you find these to not work, and that you had to order "correct" 67-69 flashers from places like RicksCamaros.com, etc.

Backstory: I bought a "Blazer" Brand 2-pin FL577 Thermal Load Flasher" rated for 11v to 15v from CHECKER AUTO. I plugged it in, but it didn't fix my problem. Do I maybe have an incompatible flasher, or do I likely have other problems.

To rule out a new but bad part from stock, I swapped it out with another new one from the CHECKER shelf. Same thing. No flashers when the Flasher button pushed in.

Symptoms:
With the "Flasher" button on the steering column pushed IN, depressing on the brake gives me the two lit green L&R turn signal triangles. Others have noted this proves my switch and wiring is good and that it has to be my flasher module. I have now installed two separete new, "universal" flashers, with negative results.

Ideas?

Thanks all!

·
Super Moderator
32,523 Posts
Stepping on the brake pedal will light all the lights as the hazard flashers are turned on and the brake light power is parallel with emerg power.

Use a flasher for trailer towing or run through the electronic book at Advance Auto to find the correct flasher.
Standard Motor Products Electronic flasher Part Number EFL1

·
Registered
414 Posts
I gave you a picture right from the assy manual in your other post yesterday. The 2 spade terminals in your picture on the top right of your fuse box are where the flasher goes. Do you have 12 volts at either one of them with the key on or off? If not, you have a bad fuse as per the wiring pic I also included.

If you put 12 volts to one side of a flasher (out of the car to your battery positive) and hook the power wire from a light to the other terminal on the flasher, the flasher will work and the light blink. (the light must have a ground to bettery neg terminal too). Very simple way to test a flasher removed from the car. My bet is you don't have power to the flasher. Lastly, have you checked for power to both sides of ALL of your fuses with a test light (both key on & key off)?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you all. The problem is solved. Ended up being a bad connection between the fuse and the fuse prong of the hazard fuse.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so-the short answer to the ? Is : yes. Universal flashers from NAPA etc work fine. No need to get specific eo/oem flashers from ricks etc.

·
Super Moderator
32,523 Posts
I forgot to mention earlier, but your website, www.midratz.com has good comics - too good! Reminds me of my carrier service. Everybody ought to view them.

Keep up the good work, Everett

1 - 6 of 6 Posts