Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my hazard flasher is missing from my fuse block where can I find an original and any parts # available thanks

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Morgan - The original flashers were either SD - Standard Duty or HD - Heavy Duty and are available at any parts houses.

The original SD series were thermal, the HD were electronic flash and many had "bulb out" indicator technology which caused the flash to be rapid. Many of the SD series available just didn't flash if a bulb was out.

The Heavy Duty aka towing version was/is part number 552 the Standard Duty was/is 224.

They came in square, rectangle or round shapes, plastic or metal and were whatever was delivered on the line that day. Most common were metal silver, or blue plastic. WAGNER and TUNG-SOL were common suppliers as well as others.

Many folks today have used LED replacement lights and some of those require no load flashers that have their own grounds. There are also many more 552 version available due to their ability to outlast, warn of dead bulbs and in some cases don't care that the bulb is LED based.

More than you wanted to know I'm sure but there it is. Pages 166 & 167 in the 69 AIM.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The original flashers were either SD - Standard Duty or HD - Heavy Duty and are available at any parts houses.

The original SD series were thermal, the HD were electronic flash and many had "bulb out" indicator technology which caused the flash to be rapid. Many of the SD series available just didn't flash if a bulb was out.

The Heavy Duty aka towing version was part number 552 the Standard Duty was 224. They came in square, rectangle or round shapes, plastic or metal and were whatever was delivered on the line that day.

Many folks today have used LED replacement lights and some of those require no load flashers that have their own grounds. There are also many more 552 version available due to their ability to outlast, warn of dead bulbs and in some cases don't care that the bulb is LED based.

More than you wanted to know I'm sure but there it is.
Thanks Brian that was great info I enjoy reading things that I am unfamiliar with great answer and thank you :beers:

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
:thumbsup: I replaced both of mine recently with AirTex 552 electronic flashers and like the retro traditional sound of them but appreciate the solid sate of them. Best of both worlds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts