Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am to my last witt with my Spal Electric fan setup.

Therefore, i am going to run an OER stock bbc fan shroud, a 2747 Hayden HD fan clutch and a 7 blade fan if i can find one. I was just going to order the fan from O Reilly's or Autozone as I have a car show 45 miles out on Saturday and I want to get it changed by then.

Does Flex A Lite or anyone make that replacement that I can get quickly that will fit that clutch? Such as a replacement for the 772 fan? Thanks!

·
Registered
259 Posts
The 2747 clutch and an aftermarket 772 blade was the only thing that solved my over heating problems in my BBC.
I had a 6 blade fan on before that.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 2747 clutch and an aftermarket 772 blade was the only thing that solved my over heating problems in my BBC.
I had a 6 blade fan on before that.
Thanks! Should I run the 2747 or 2797? I have heard the 2797 is a bit better cooling...

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
150 Posts
I drive a 396 425 often, 3:73,
M 21 with only a fixed 4 blade
and 160’ t’stat. Hit some 90’
days, no problem. Stock radiator.
New aluminum WP, but was fine
two previous years w/stock WP.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i just ordered a 772 OER fan, 69 big block fan shroud and a 2747 clutch. Hope this all works together. It should. I have a Northern Aluminum radiator and a Weiand Aluminum high flow water pump. Maybe this will even help keep my condenser cool so the A/C will work better.

·
Premium Member
68 Camaro SS/RS, 454 BB 4 speed, 3.73 Posi, new paint, motor mods , trans and diff assembly. 2" Drop
349 Posts
Is the 69 BB shroud different than 68? I just installed the low profile Hayden, and my CVF serpentine conversion w/o A/C. Everything fit fine, except I am having an issue putting the top bolt in the upper shroud bracket. If I use the existing hole the shroud at the top of radiator is about 1-1/2 pulled back. What shroud did you buy, do you have a part number? The one in post 7 looks deeper than the one I have. Sure would like to get it right the first time. Its so tight in there I have to pull the radiator to replace shroud, lucky theres no coolant in there yet.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is the 69 BB shroud different than 68? I just installed the low profile Hayden, and my CVF serpentine conversion w/o A/C. Everything fit fine, except I am having an issue putting the top bolt in the upper shroud bracket. If I use the existing hole the shroud at the top of radiator is about 1-1/2 pulled back. What shroud did you buy, do you have a part number? The one in post 7 looks deeper than the one I have. Sure would like to get it right the first time. Its so tight in there I have to pull the radiator to replace shroud, lucky theres no coolant in there yet.
It is different due to the bracketry of the short water pump. I have a 67-68 BBC shroud and it doesn't fit at all. I do have serpentine pulleys, just not the system.

·
Registered
260 Posts
If you have A/C you will need to add the radiator to cowl seal and cowl to hood seal for additional air flow through your radiator. See c60 in the AIM, not sure of the page.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If you have A/C you will need to add the radiator to cowl seal and cowl to hood seal for additional air flow through your radiator. See c60 in the AIM, not sure of the page.
What is AIM? I would like to purchase these products if they are necessary. I do have Vintage A/C which doesn't work well at all right now since I keep overheating.

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
What is AIM? I would like to purchase these products if they are necessary. I do have Vintage A/C which doesn't work well at all right now since I keep overheating.
assembly manual. Check CRG for download.

·
Premium Member
68 Camaro SS/RS, 454 BB 4 speed, 3.73 Posi, new paint, motor mods , trans and diff assembly. 2" Drop
349 Posts
Camaro Research Group

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Camaro Research Group
Thanks! Not sure which seals you are talking about. I have one that goes on top of the firewall. My cowl induction hood is wide open. Should I seal that off? I just need to know what i need to get. Thanks!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Two seals for the radiator to cowl. One on top, one on bottom. One seal for the cowl to hold.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts