Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Gold Lifetime Member
3,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been awhile since I put the engine in the '69 together and it's still running strong so I guess I did good. Now I'm about to bolt some heads (Edelbrock RPM's) on an engine for the '67 and can't remember which sealant goes where. I have...

Permatex Aviation Sealant Liquid (the brown stuff, reminds me of the ole Indian Head)

and

Permatex 14a Thread Sealant with Teflon (the white stuff)

Which is best to use where?

·
3,394 Posts
Robert,
You can use either on either :) They both work fine. I have used the Indian Head for years but lately have started using the Permatex Teflon instead. I think the parts store was out of Indian Head so we got the teflon.

Depending on the heads, you may or may not need it on the rocker studs. I dont remember if the ones on the RPM's go into the intake port or not. If they dont go through, just use some 30W oil.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
3,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Bill, I may use the Teflon as well. Progress, right? That Indian Head is tuff, I remember spilling some in a tool box and not knowing it had cured. Couldn't scrape it out for anything and a typical propane torch wouldn't budge it. FYI the Edelbrock RPM rocker studs (hole) do invade the intake ports.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts