·
Registered
7,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
7,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Mark So is that a like or dislike? Donna and I will be in Little Rock on Sat. WAzzzzupppp, drink a few drafts at the saucer??

Joe

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
HID? Nah! They say, "Does not require any modification. Quick 15 min installation" , then say, "High Wattage 130/110W light output with only 85/80W current draw" . Everytime you increase the watts, like to 85/80W, you need relays to protect the wiring and the car itself. I tend to trust the ones which write facts.

·
Registered
7,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am maily intrested in the lens it's self. Your right about the claims, I can see through that (pun). I have seen these on the Detroit peed site for $100.00 more. My question is do they work? Are they what D/S claims are they brighter? The DS site says they use lenses that are polycabonite, is this just plastic like the ones in the link? These are the cheapest ones I have found. I am thinking of getting them, but are they any better than the hologen lights on my car now?

·
Registered
403 Posts
save your money..

the Halogen lights you can buy at Walmarts,
Advance auto parts/Auto Zone etc.
are more than good enough for most anyone,and are about the price listed,
Sylvania H6024XV

HEADLAMP - XTRAVISION

Pricing
Our Price: $12.88

Sylvania H6024CB

H6024CB COOL BLUE SEALED BEAM

Pricing

Our Price: $14.88

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Joe, I would preffer glass lenses, just imagine if those plastic lenses get faded like the ones in some newer cars. I hate to see those beige colored lenses. I polish the plastic lenses on one of my cars, and after a month or so they get faded again.

·
Registered
64 Posts
look in a jc whitney catalog. they have the sameones with or with out the bulbs. no hole in the bottom for the little parking light tho. i ordered some they are a made in china knock-off of the hella's. hope that helps.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Say 'Tempered Flat Glass' guys, so its not plastic!

I'd definitely wiring some larger gauge wiring though, simple job with a relay, some 10 gauge, and run the stock wiring to the relay to flip it on and off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts