Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 85 was loosing the head lights when ever i went to high beams never did find that problem. with my car on stands waiting for the tranny again i decided to sort that problem out. only to discover i now have no head lights. battery is fine all grounds are fine put firewall ground to the back of block an ran a bolt in so its grounded without tranny. pulled headlight switch does not have 12v going to it any were like 6 same as dimmer. battery is full. pulled bulk head an can jump the head lights on no problem an high beams. the 12v supply to the lights harness is ok going to the switches but it doesnt get to them.? help

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
i assume you checked the fuse?
sounds like either the headlight switch or the dimmer switch is shot. or both. try some junkyard switches- they are dirt cheap- and if that fixes it, go buy some new switches. if not, save the $$$ you woulda spent on switches you didn't need and figure out what's up with the wiring.

------------------
1971 Nova(looks like 69 camaro from underneath!)
355sb, vortec heads, HOT cam,T-10 tranny, 3.70 gears 16X8" IROC wheels. 12" Corvette brakes on the way.
see pics here http://community.webshots.com/user/novaderrik

1 - 2 of 2 Posts