Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am requesting information on what headder style is recomended for a 67rs camaro with AC. I know my new flow tech headders 31100FLT ceramic coated are not going to work. They are too close to the firewall and we also discovered it hits the floor plan which would be a real pain...

·
Registered
91 Posts
I just put on a set of Hooker Super Comps 2130-1 1 5/8" on my 68. They fit pretty good but still close to the evaporator core box. The hooker tech guy said this was the only pair that would fit. But I also do have angle plug fastburn heads. I think there is another application for straight plug heads too that's not super comp if you didn't want to spend the extra. We still had to bang them up a little in a couple of spots.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
3,360 Posts
The Hooker Comp 2451 will fit with A/C and is listed as such. I run them on the '69 with angle plug Edelbrocks. My only complaint was ground clearence on the drivers side with the car being lowered. I modified them for clearence and repainted, I don't think you could do that to the coated version without damage to the finish.

·
Registered
70 Posts
DYNATECH headers from Summit. Must use there Collector reducer cone which is a ball & socket design with 4-bolt flange. I got the ceramic coated ones and purchased there band clamps because there reducer cones are stainless steel. Ran them into Magnaflow stainless muffs and out the back under the bumper. The camaro is a 1968 with 327, turbo 350, Hotchkis multi leaf, dropped 1 1/2", tq thrust 15's, comp t/a's. No ground clearance issues. Chevy Chase:noway:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts