Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first post on this BB. I have a '69 with a ZZ4, Vintage Air, 700R4, PS, PB. I am looking for headers that will fit the angle plugs and D ports. I like the Thorley's 14 ga. but Summit says they only come with the nickel chrome coating, not ceramic. Summit's recommendation was 18 ga. Hookers for $466 coated. Doug's are $550. Who has well made headers at a decent price?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
First of all...welcome to the board...

Secondly...I have angle plug heads with Hooker super comps....good fit...needed a few dings...

------------------
Steve McCorry - Central Ohio Camaro Club
'69 Camaro RS/SS-350 - Daytona Yellow
'95 Camaro Z-28 - Sebring Silver
click here to see my webpage ---> www.mindspring.com/~mccorry (updated 2/3/01)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hooker headers were the only ones made for angle plugs years ago. somebody else must make them. Can't go wrong wih the Hookers but they needed a little fine tuning.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Just in case you are interested, I have a set of used Thorleys's (Tri-Y Nickel Plated for 1st Generation Camaro Small Block) in the classified section on this web site for $150.

------------------
1969 RS-Z/28: Matching #'s DZ302, M20, 3.73, Tuxedo Black, Deluxe Black Interior, Factory Tach, Clock and Console Gauges, PS, Rear Defrost, Spoilers, ZL2 Special Ducted Hood.

'85 Z/28, 355 TPI w/ Crane Compu-Cam 2040, Crane adjustable fuel pressure regulator, 22# Injectors, TPIS Airfoil, K&N filters, Hypertech ThermoMaster Stage 2 Chip for '85 Vette, 160 Degree Thermostat, DynoMax Cat Back Exhaust, Rebuilt/Updated 700R4 w/shift kit, 3.23 posi rearend.

·
Registered
170 Posts
i had to use hooker super comps in my 68 with dart alum angle plug heads...did not have to ding them at all...good fit. you need to tell the saleperson exactly what head u are using...the alum heads have to exhaust port at a different angle than stock angle plug heads..found out the hard way.

·
Registered
170 Posts
i had to use hooker super comps in my 68 with dart alum angle plug heads...did not have to ding them at all...good fit. you need to tell the saleperson exactly what head u are using...the alum heads have the exhaust port at a different angle than stock angle plug heads..found out the hard way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts