Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI all, Have been away for a while but I am back to getting the motor back in the car. Anyway I am running into a header clearance issue with my hooker headers and #3 plug on my Dart Pro 1's. I Bashed the header as far as I feel comfortable going (Probably too much)...I switched to an accel "shorty plug" (Which are not much shorter than a regular plug)..With 2 gaskets I still need 1/16 th of an inch. I have Taylor High temp Boots but They are squished against the header...I guess is there any "OLD school" tricks to shorten a plug...??? (I am just trying to get a piece of High Temp wrap in there for added protection.)

If I can't get the 1/16 th I have to get new headers and probably have my exhaust re-done.....

Chris

· Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi There...Thanks for the advice..checked machining and looks ok...I ended up cutting my new coated headers at the flange ;). Added a 3/8 inch piece of pipe and bent the whole thing out...welded er up and wrapped that pipe...would never know...thanks for the great idea!!!!!!!!

Chris

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.