Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Premium Member
2,619 Posts
Try Cap's Brite Hot Coatings in Fresno, CA. I had them recoat the headers for my El Camino. My headers came with a nice coating from Hooker. We ran the engine on the dyno which damaged the coating. The attached pictures show the headers after they came back from Cap's.

Reactions: 68rs406

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Another vote for Caps brite hot, Lemons uses them, my Headers from Lemons look fantastic still, as good as when I put them on actually.
Thank you for all your pictures and information.
I am considering Caps I'll be calling them soon to see what they say.
Company that fabricated the headers said they should be dipped.
Cerakote looks like its sprayed on, or maybe that's the only application method I saw.

· Registered
4,017 Posts
Cerakote looks like its sprayed on, or maybe that's the only application method I saw.
cerakore is sprayed on. my cerakote has been on since 2011. i somehow got a piece of plastic against #5 and 7 tube and i was able to remove it with light sanding without hurting the coating

· Registered
8,155 Posts
I think Caps calls their coating “Cermakrome”, not sure how it’s applied but it looked amazing new and still looks the same.
I have no scientific data to support the actual differences but I can tell you the surface temp of my coated headers vs my uncoated steel headers is roughly half when I checked with my IR gun. It’s impressive.

· Registered
83 Posts
I received my new headers and need to have them ceramic dipped/coated.
Anyone have recommendations or experience with companies around the Los Angeles area.
THANKS
Try these two places. No personal experience, but I’ve talked to both and they both seem pretty knowledgeable. First one wanted $325 and second was $250.

· Registered
8,155 Posts
Hey Rich! How have you been? Hope all is well.

Sad to say I have not been to the track in awhile, a long while.

Bought a new house in 2017 and other than driving the cars I have not done anything else with them. Camaro is still going strong and an absolute blast to drive.

Trevor sold his race car because it just got to be too much, bought a really nice 2015 or so ZL1 that is set up as a bracket car, runs 9,s, pump gas and he can drive it around, lots less work than the other cars. Not nearly as fast though….lol.

· Super Moderator
1967 RS Bench seat 327/2bbl/PG
33,797 Posts
I’ve had several sets aluminum coated.
Vendor sand-blasts, then puts into oven, and then sprays molten aluminum all over.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts