Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a vortec crate engine in my car with hedman headers and I can't seem to keep the headers sealed! right now i'm using the rectangular port 1.55x1.45 and I think they're not matching up.. does anyone have experience with this and what gaskets are you using? I would like to know before I head down to kragens to spend more money on this thing. I'm hoping that i didn't screw up the header itself, the car is really low and I've knocked them into the ground a couple times. I just want to take my car for a spin without having to listen to that tick ticking noise.. I've had the engine for a month or two and I still can't work out all the bugs.

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
the Hedmans on my car sealed good against the vortec heas last year- but then i took the car apart, and the new gaskets i got ("standard small block chevy port" Fel-Pro's- whatever size that is)have little leaks around the middle ports. my solution was to buy a set of the smallest port gaskets Mr.Gasket makes, and when i install them, i will trim them to the proper port shape and see how that seals up. 3 years ago, when the engine was new, i just used a set of cheapo manifold gaskets that came with the engine gasket kit, and they sealed up the Dynomax headers i had pretty damn good for 2 summers.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I had a 69 camaro with a small block 383 and vortec heads. Bought a set of DYNO max 1 5/8 ceramic coated headers. First of all they fit perfect and my car sits low too with power steering. Second they sealed up great with the mr gasket seals. Get the ones with the sealant already on them, they look like blue lines which eliminates the need for sealant, or you can get a set of copper gaskets. They are expensive but seal really really well. Hope this helps

TOOFUN

1 - 3 of 3 Posts