Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys -
Before you drop the "use the search function" on me, I've read every post I can on this topic but I'm getting no where. I've called Patriot and Summit and Doug's and I get different answers.

1969 Camaro with ZZ4 sbc, 3rd-gen 12:7 Cardone PS Box, no A/C and T-56 manual. Car is dropped significantly, so clearance with existing Hedmans is ugly. I'm thinking that mid-length or clippster headers will work but I get conflicting reports on whether any will fit my setup without smashing on them or that they are a no-go due to z-bar.

So far, I've had suggestions for Patriot H-8058 or H-8047.

Anyone running mids or clippsters (again, ground clearance is a biggie for me) with a similar setup? I am not partial to a particular brand...I just want to be able to stop running away from speed bumps and steep driveways.

Your help is appreciated as always!

Thx,
Nick

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I have a similar set up in my 2nd gen so not sure if my situation is applicable. I have mid lenght headers and no problem with speed bumps. Plenty of clearance with the Z-bar.

On my 69 I am also running mid length headers and had pound in the pipe nearest the gear box. If you beat on a socket it creates a round indentation and you can't even notice it. My 69 is also lowered signficantly. However, it is an automatic.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts