Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone recommend a set of headers that will fit dart heads. i have a set of headmen and the exhust port is larger than header tube causing interference. 69 camero 302 thank you, george

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
George sound like you need a set of Hedman Husler or Hooker super comps big tube headers.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I had the same problem...went to hooker super comps....love them...none of the tubes are close at all....ordered the hedman...looked like i had to dimple a tube or two...the whole idea of hammering on new headers just did not work for me...so the hookers work just fine..call hooker and ask for the correct part number. I have dart angle plug heads

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Stahl and Headers by Ed make flanges that match the port of the Sportsman heads. We put some 1-5/8" x 34" Stahl primaries on a 331" SBC, and the ports matched perfectly. Making a header tube size decision based on port size can often lead to the wrong set of headers.

------------------
1967 Nova coupe daily driver
406, 10:1, 224° cam, Q-jet, 700R4, 3465# w/driver
11.76 @ 116 thru the mufflers
18 mpg on the road

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
With thick flange headers sometime you can do a little match porting too. If there is a slight mismatch, you can just grind a little angle into the header flange. You have to make sure that you don't get too nutty with it or carve on the header tube itself or you'll develop a crack down the road.

I just did this to my Hedman 1-3/4" headers - they only needed maybe 1/16" ground off of one side of each port for a perfect fit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts