Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am building a 69 Camero with a GenVI 454, Edlebrock alum heads, ARP studs.

For ground clearance, I want to use BB Shorty headers that clear the stock saganaw quick steering box, installed with an Ididit column, floor shift, the stock column lockout linkage removed.

I can use steel, plated, ceramic coated or stainless please include part #s & prices
OR WHO HAS THEM???

I know that sometimes clearancing of the flanges is required because of the studs. ( I tried a set of "Rod Works" headers OF L.A. and they hit the studs and didn't clear the steering BY about 3/.4" ) --

I'll see you at Del Mar
Jerry Bemis San Diego [email protected]

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Welcome Jerry from another So. Cal member :waving:

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Hello and welcome from OHIO,:beers:

·
Registered
953 Posts
Hey Jerry,
I went thru 2 sets of BB shortie headers that didn't fit before I bought a set of Sanderson Headers for my 69 with a big block. They are more know for their street rod headers, but I had used a set of them on my last car (BB 57 Chev) and loved them. When I couldn't find any shorties that fit my Camaro, I figured I'd give them a call and see if they could help me out. At that time they had just released a new BB First Gen Camaro shortie headers. I bought a set for my BB Pro Street Camaro, and I'm impressed again. Nice thick flanges that don't use gaskets. You use high heat sealant. They clear the steering box fine and as far as ground clearance, I don't think you'll find a set with more. My car sits pretty low and I have no clearance issues. They look a little different that most you'll see, but I'm glad I went with them. I don't have any installed pics, but I can get some for you if you'd like. At $465.00 coated you can't go wrong.

Here's a link:

http://www.sandersonheaders.com/product_info.php?products_id=32

Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts