Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased headers for Jet-Hot, their house brand (DynoMax). The steering gear box would nont allow the driver's side to mount. Who makes a header that will bolt up without a hassle. The car is manual everything and has no air.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Brad,

There is a dicussion on a very similar topic in this General Tech forum listed on 9/22/99. It may be of some help. You can select the number of days viewed at the top of the page with the postings. In short, Hooker Super Competition in 1 5/8" diameter fit pretty well, but I've seen many 1 3/4" headers that had to be massaged to make them clear the steering box. I any way you look at it, headers will always be a challenge compared to cast iron manifolds.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Also, when you state mount, does this mean that you were able to get the header into position but have interference with another component? Usually raising the LH side of the motor is necessary to get the header into a position that will clear the steering box. Are you able to get this far? If so then there it sounds like a fit problem with the header.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts