Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, back in 68 , did chevy offer headers as an option?

------------------

·
Registered
87 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by denis68:
Hello, back in 68 , did chevy offer headers as an option?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>special performance package z\283. standard z/28 package with a set of exhaust headers laying in the trunk. $779.40
not cheap

·
Registered
13 Posts
An older man called me up one day and asked me if i would be interested in some 1st generation camaro parts. He heard i was restoring a 67 and thought i could use them. When i got there and looked all the parts over he told me a price and i took everything he had. Included was a set of headers with side pipes, no seperation between the two. Header to sidepipes no breaks. He told me they where a high performance option that he got when he bought his camaro new, but never used them. I was wondering if this is true or not? And about how much would they be worth? And what kind of camaro's had this option? I have some pictures if anyone would like to see them? Thanks

·
Registered
87 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by neverswt:
An older man called me up one day and asked me if i would be interested in some 1st generation camaro parts. He heard i was restoring a 67 and thought i could use them. When i got there and looked all the parts over he told me a price and i took everything he had. Included was a set of headers with side pipes, no seperation between the two. Header to sidepipes no breaks. He told me they where a high performance option that he got when he bought his camaro new, but never used them. I was wondering if this is true or not? And about how much would they be worth? And what kind of camaro's had this option? I have some pictures if anyone would like to see them? Thanks <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>sidepipes on a camaro,sounds kinda fugly.i don,t think they would have fit in the trunk either.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Very rare but you could them if you look in the definitive Z28 guide book by jerry mctavish you will see a pic of a 68 with factory headers.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
They must have had a separate line to install the headers. I know how long it takes me

About the sidepipes, you just need to see a picture. They look really good on Camaros, especially the Corvette pipes with the aluminum covers.

·
Retired
26,654 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chuckdetroit:
They did not offer Headers on any 67 Camaro. Only manifolds..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Topic was '68 not '67...

I looked for a shot of a red coupe backed into a parking stall at a Quickie Mart type of place that I had seen on the web. It has side pipes and looks awesome!! Sorry I couldn't find it. I thought it was one of Chris Woods pic's with his initials in the lower right. Anyone else see it or know where it is?

------------------
...Dennis
'69 RS Convertible w/SS trim
'96 Z28SS #1679 of 2410
"The Club"

·
Registered
87 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DjD:
Topic was '68 not '67...

I looked for a shot of a red coupe backed into a parking stall at a Quickie Mart type of place that I had seen on the web. It has side pipes and looks awesome!! Sorry I couldn't find it. I thought it was one of Chris Woods pic's with his initials in the lower right. Anyone else see it or know where it is?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>by the way,how did chuckdetroit

get on the tech team. i have three books that state 67 z-28,s could come with headers for dealer or owner to install.

·
Retired
26,654 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by figmandz302:
]by the way,how did chuckdetroit

get on the tech team. i have three books that state 67 z-28,s could come with headers for dealer or owner to install.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He passed the test!! When are you gonna take it??
j/k the tech team comes with time. when you post a few more times it will be issued by the system....

We all need to use care in giving answers. Some that have been around here can atest to the fact that what we grow to know as fact is often dispelled down the road. Chevy left a big blank page in the middle of the history book on these cars. Might be part of what makes them so enticing!!

------------------
...Dennis
'69 RS Convertible w/SS trim
'96 Z28SS #1679 of 2410
"The Club"

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Does anyone have a picture of the sidepipes on a car or does the archives have a location showing them? sure sounds interesting.

------------------
SCOTT
69 RS-SS 396 4-SPEED

·
Registered
87 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by scottcleaver:
Does anyone have a picture of the sidepipes on a car or does the archives have a location showing them? sure sounds interesting.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>scott, i emailed you a motion with sidepipes.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Here's a good picture of a '69 B-M car with sidepipes.
http://www.geocities.com/gheatly/thevision.html

IMO, the more aggressive styling on the '69 blends better with sidepipes. However, I may be a bit biased.

------------------
Pearl blue & white 69 Camaro with supercharged 350, Tremec TKO, and 3.73 12-bolt

See my website updated 4/16/01 at:

www.geocities.com/gheatly

1 - 15 of 15 Posts