Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if it is really worth the $600 to buy hooker super comp ceramic coated headers for my 68 with a 327 I am willing to buy them just trying to get some different views about it and will it make that much of a difference performance wise as well as engine compartment temp?

·
Premium Member
11,169 Posts
I have hooker 2451 , 1 5/8 tube with AFR angle plug heads and p/s , These I know clear the steering box but I am not sure about the 2131 that I think you are looking about... Do a search on this site on that topic, there are many posts about this .

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
i just got some Doug Thorley #376Y1C Ceramic Coated headers from Summit for 478.00

·
Registered
403 Posts
My 2 cents;
get the ceramic coated headers,
the painted ones rust too easy; in 2 years,they look Old.:(

The Not coated Hookers
I put on my Camaro looked nice for about 3 months,
I should have spent the extra money,and suggest anybody does.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Just bought a set of 1 7/8" ceramic coated SC's from Summit and they were $650 delivered ($200 extra for the coating) which I didn't think was bad.Last time I sent headers to Jet-Hot,I spent a lot more than that.One side isn't has shiny as the other which somewhat concerns me. :confused:

Hooker is pretty specific about NOT trying to break-in a motor with ceramic coated headers which need a few heat cycles to fully cure...and will void the warranty.I'm pretty sure this is true of all coated headers.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
it is. If you break in a new motor or break in a new cam with fresh coated headers they end up looking dull or starting to get light rust spots after while

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have another question, I was wondering what size headers I should get 1 5/8 or 1 3/4 I currently have a 327 but going to upgrade to a 350 soon will the 1 5/8 be adequate enough or should I get the 1 3/4 and how will they perform on the 327?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts