Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1967 Camaro convertible and suddenly the headlight covers stopped operating. The headlights come on but the covers don't open. No noise at all from the motors. I can open one side manually, but the other side seems to be jammed somehow. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Did they work before? Did you check any related fuses? Do you have 67 Assembly manual? There would be a wiring schematic in there, and might get you pointed in the right direction. I only have a 68, but search on the web should help. I have a 68 so I’m not really able to help much. Let us know.

·
Premium Member
15,076 Posts
This is the headlight wiring diagram, notice there is a circuit breaker. That may the problem. I believe the circuit breaker is on the solenoid board that is under the left front fender.
Schematic Rectangle Font Slope Parallel

This thread has a few wiring diagrams, but most importantly there is RS headlight troubleshooting guide.
Both of the doors are designed to be opened manually. The jammed door may be the problem.

Reactions: JVitt

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did they work before? Did you check any related fuses? Do you have 67 Assembly manual? There would be a wiring schematic in there, and might get you pointed in the right direction. I only have a 68, but search on the web should help. I have a 68 so I’m not really able to help much. Let us know.
Yes, they worked perfectly before. All fuses are good. Thank you for the schematic.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is the headlight wiring diagram, notice there is a circuit breaker. That may the problem. I believe the circuit breaker is on the solenoid board that is under the left front fender.
View attachment 291934
This thread has a few wiring diagrams, but most importantly there is RS headlight troubleshooting guide.
Both of the doors are designed to be opened manually. The jammed door may be the problem.
Thank you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts