Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to do a search but found nothing. I am finishing up a 69 that I did not dissamble, and I don't know how the vacuum stuff goes on the headlight doors. Does anyone have picks, or the old book?

Thanks, Larry

·
Premium Member
2,783 Posts
I could describe how my 68 is hooked up for you but I don't have access to a scanner and I believe the 69 is routed a little differently. The 69 has a 1 in 2 out check valve whereas my 68 has a 1 in 1 out. The 69 might have different connections on the reservoir too. Not sure about that one. Let me know if you want it described.

[This message has been edited by Winch (edited 08-27-2002).]

·
Retired
26,951 Posts
The best paper I've seen for them is the one that comes with the hose kits (some have the red and green reversed though). I don't have one to refrence for you, wish I did.

Go back and do some more searches as this has been talked about many times. Use "vacuum doors" in the following forums;

General Tech
Troubleshooting
Engine & Drivetrain
and maybe Camaro Tech 2001 & 2002

------------------
...Dennis
"The '69, the '96 & the club"

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Instead of spending 7-8 on a RS diagram, spend 20 on an assembly manual. It has the wiring/vacuum hose daigram in it. It's what most of the resto houses photocopy anyway. Best 20 bucks I ever spent!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the responces. I looked at it more today and found the problem. The switching valve looked to be new, and I guess it was. I could not get vacuum out either side to the open/close ports. I took the valve off so I could look it over and the center and top holes where the hoses go had plastic over them (at the bottom) where no vacuum could get through. I drilled through holding the valve so stuff could fall out, cleaned things up, and it works now.

After just a few minutes of trial and error I got them working. Yes this car has the one in two out check valve, and I did have to switch the hoses to get the open/close correct.

Thanks again for all the info,Larry
www.lnjstreetrods.com

·
Premium Member
2,783 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Unreal:
Instead of spending 7-8 on a RS diagram, spend 20 on an assembly manual. It has the wiring/vacuum hose daigram in it. It's what most of the resto houses photocopy anyway. Best 20 bucks I ever spent!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I need one of those manuals. Is that the Fischer Body manuals I've been reading about elsewhere or are there mone than one kind? I have the GM Chassis Service and Chassis Oberhaul manuals for a 68.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I made some diagrams and sent copies to a few people and helped them fix their problems. I also sent Al an e-mail asking if he would be interested in posting them in the tech section like all the other helpful information but never got a reply back.

Makes no difference to me but this is a frequent topic and would save a lot of people some time.

------------------
68 RS, Ash Gold,pwr brakes,pwr windows,Hounds tooth,355/T350,MSD 6AL,3200 stall Dynamic converter,3.31:1 posi,Autometer guage pod

[This message has been edited by CA420 (edited 08-28-2002).]

[This message has been edited by CA420 (edited 08-28-2002).]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts