Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have buffed the headlights on my 99 only to see the "fog" yellow haze come back. Is there any way to protect the lens after buffing?

·
Premium Member
12,510 Posts
There are a few kits out there that once polished seal the lens from the return of the haze.

·
Registered
8,349 Posts

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
Hey thanks Ty.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have used the kits to no avail. . . .they still haze up. Has anyone tried to clear coat the lens to protect from hazing???

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
You have to clear coat after you use a kit. Otherwise it will oxidize again. Blue Magic has a lens sealer for treatment after the buff. Haven't used it but you have to maintenance on a regular basis. I think that 3M also has a UV film that you can apply that will protect. Good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This may sound odd but I have kniwn a few people that use sunscreen to protect them. After all its the uv that causes the haze. Note, it won't remove the haze have clean off first.

·
Super Moderator
32,907 Posts
Different suggestion, using sunscreen - SPF 50? I'll have to try some.
It would have been nice to make them from glass as in the older days, but, OEM's were looking for MPG, less weight.

Steiner, nice suggestion, they look good. For $130/pair, one could 'stock up' on them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts