Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I give up. I looked in my books and did a forum search, but can't figure out how to remove the dang headlight knob off of my '68 (non-RS). I think it's part of the shaft but how does the shaft come out of the switch?

Dave

·
Registered
579 Posts
You have to get your hand on the the base of the headlight switch by reaching under the dash and there should be a little button on the side,I forget exactly where.but push it in and give the knob a yank and it will come out.

·
Registered
503 Posts
The button is on the "passenger side" of the switch......Wiper switch has a setscrew in it....at least the 68 does.....

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Pull the knob out all the way as if you where turning on headlights then push the spring loaded button down, it is located on the metel side of switch

·
Registered
40 Posts
The easiest way to get to the button on the headlight switch is to take the ball vent out under the light and wiper switches. Then reaching the light switch and button is a breeze.
The wiper switch knob has a set screw on the bottom of the knob.
HTH
JA

------------------
John P. Allen
Sunnyvale Ca.
68 RS, 327 w- A/C
70 Buick GS455 Convertible

[This message has been edited by pakual (edited 12-03-2001).]

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys - found the button!

Dave

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
thanks guys. i see this is gonna be a fun job! i can do suspension and drivetrain but anything under the dash bothers me!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts