Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help. I have rebuilt headlight motors, was missing the tops so I am not sure how to wire them up. There is a brown wire coming in from drivers side and what looks to be possibly two separate blue wires on the passenger side. There are no connectors on these wires. The tops have a two wire connector for each. Does the brown wire connect to the connector, but doesn't there need to be another wire connecting to this connector and where does that go; limit switch I am assuming but not sure?
Which side do the wires sit on the mounting bracket for the motors or does it matter? Does it matter which side they are installed, one set has a pair of green wires and the other one has gray/purple. Thanks for any help in advance.

·
Premium Member
19,620 Posts
Re: headlight motor wiring

Half way down this list of wiring diagrams you will see 67-69 headlight info. Click on it and you will find a 67 headlight-wiring diagram.

Roger

http://www.gvtc.com/~rlaa/

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link. On page 10 the brown and blue wires are going to the headlight motor I assume with the blue going into the headlamp connector, where does the limit switch come into play, I don't see it there? Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
19,620 Posts
The power to the motors comes from the limit switches. The blue and brown wires go the limits. The limit need to have a ground wire.
Being that you worked on your motors, have you bench tested them to be sure the run? Reverse the polarity to be sure they run in both directions. The arms need to be tight enough on the motors so they don't bounce off the limit switches.

Roger

·
Premium Member
19,620 Posts
Below is pictures of the core support limit switches. You can see the blue wires going in to the bottom spades and the top wires are going to the motors. What you can't see is the ground wire coming from the bottom of the switches and ground to the switch mounting screws.

Roger

1 - 6 of 6 Posts