Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All:
I removed the switches/bezels from the dash of my '68 so the dash could be painted. I'll be putting things back together soon and wanted to get some opionions. The headlight switch I took out of the car looks very original. My question is, does everyone think I should put this one back in (it worked when i took it out) or go with a new one now that everything is apart and it would be easy to put in?? I'm not sure I want to continue to trust the original switch (i know, if it's not broken, don't fix it) but you hear so much about defective brand new parts, I'm not sure I want to go this way either. I'd appreciate some opinions...
Thanks!
D. Schribert
'68 Convertible

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
These switches are easy to take apart and clean, you might consider doing just that instead of spending the money to replace it. Its a very simple switch that shouldn't need replacing.

·
Registered
164 Posts
You can also buy the AC Delco replacement from the dealer. I think mine was about $20. It's pretty expensive, but it was worth it for me after paying $8 for a piece of junk at the local auto parts store that wouldn't work very well.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I would just put it back in. It takes less than 5 minutes to change it and they usually are pretty reliable for a long time. Also easy to find if out on the road.

Tim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts