Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Al DjD. I hope this is ok!

I can get these locally for approx $170 for one car.
Kit

It takes two "kits" for one car

But the more I order, the lower the price. I don't know that it will be aa large decrease-but I'm willing to check into it if there is enough interest.

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
i can't see why one would need anything brighter than the halogens yo ucan get at Wal-Mart for $8 a piece.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Bret, Cool site. Have you seen this light work at night? If it throws light like the new cars and trucks, it would be a great safty feature. My wifes Honda (sorry) and my Silverado throw a light beam that is amazing.

I have the $8.00 halgeons from Wal Mart and they suck compaired to the new technolgy in lighting.

·
Premium Member
10,082 Posts
Is this a direct plug in for 1st gens?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This should be a direct plug in for first gens. the "adapter plug" has prongs on the end just like the back of a standard light bulb.

I have not seen these in person, either in a box or in use. But the points that have me sold on them are the polycarbonate capsule is much more shatter resistant than glass. You only have to aim the capsule once, and the late model style bulb would be much easier to change. The reflective design should give a better pattern even if not "brighter" than a standard halogen replacement. These are not HID replacements-so a wiring upgrade should not be necesary, unless you chose to go the route of the "brighter headlights" post below. They should just plug and go!

These lights are similar, if not identical to the DSE kits DSE Bright Driver -and are also about the same price. I just know that I've gotten price breaks on other parts from this supplier depending upon the quantity ordered. I'll buy a set even if nobody else wants in.

[ 03-15-2004, 10:21 AM: Message edited by: bretcopsey ]

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, to get a discount there is a minimum order requirement of 10 kits-5 cars. Then the price is $70.89/kit, plus the tax I'll have to pay and then shipping to all of you....

Might be better off to go with the DSE kit, because to get a greater discount requires an order of 100 kits :eek: !!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Anybody know if they'll fit a '69 firebird, or if they offer a kit? Might be interested here as well, thanks!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If the Firebird uses 7" lights, then they should work. I think you may need 5" lights though, and I don't recall seeing those available.

**Edit**
I did a search and found these-not exactly the same though.

Quad Lamp

[ 03-17-2004, 05:59 AM: Message edited by: bretcopsey ]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts