Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search and cannot find my problem.

I am installing my front grill and everything in it. I bought new headlights and installed them to the buckets. I hooked up the horns and they work.

When I went to turn on the headlights they did not come on. I'm getting power because my horns work. My charging system seems to also work. What are the common problems when the headlights don't turn on?

Also, there is a black ground strap coming out from under the brake booster area that wasn't hooked up. I bolted it to a valve cover bolt. Is that the right spot?

·
Super Moderator
33,290 Posts
Yes, ground strap from firewall to valve cover is correct. At the headlamp socket, plugged into headlamp still, measure with DMM black wire to ground. If you get battery voltage, then stick a star washer underneath the ground terminal and the rad support.

If you don't have battery voltage, go to dimmer switch. and check for it there. Either dimer switch is bad or headlamp switch is bad, providing wiring is good.

Red wire to h/lamp sw, to light blue to dimmer sw to light green for one beam, hi or lo, brown for the other beam, lo or hi, through firewall connector block to beams(bulbs) to black wire to ground.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I'll check it out tonight. Can those dimmer switches be had at regular parts places. (i.e. Kragen's)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts