Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got my car back today, the paint is really really nice. I really like the silver z-stripes, thanks guys for helping me make my decision. the problem is, my headlights no longer work. my console lights don't work either, but that doesn't really matter to me considering my speedometer isn't correct since I have changed the tranny and the rear. the headlights initially would only work if I pumped the switch on and off, but now they only work when the brights are on, and cruising with the brights is a bad idea in this city. is it a fuse, switch or wiring problem do you guys think? thanks again, pics of the paint will be up soon.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Mine did something similar. Headlights would only work when the brights were on,. Turned out to be the dimmer switch. Cost about $6.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I second that. Dimmer switch was the problem with my headlights too when I first got my car. Take the old one with you to the store so you make sure you get the right replacement. NAPA looked it up wrong the first time and I had to make another trip, just a hassle. If the problem continues then check all your grounds under the dash. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
With a recently painted car, you have to clean a lot of the places where the circuits made their ground. If that doesn't help, and as you say the high beams work fine, then have to be the dimmer switch. For DenverRS/SS, the switch is located in the floor close to the e-brake pedal on lil_beast_67 Camaro. It may be needed to move the carpet a little, remove two screws and unplug the switch. Easy task.
lil_beast_67, I'm happy you have your car back in a so short time.

------------------
Our affair with Camaros is a live sentence without the possibility of parole. www.geocities.com/c68ss http://home.coqui.net/borench

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just took mine out to get it replaced, there are two hex head screws, and a female plug that you need to take off. be careful with the plug, mine was hard to take off because it was old and grimy. I am also ordering the regular headlights switch because my console has stopped working, which is most likely a result of the variable resistor inside the switch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts