Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a second gen 70 Camaro SS it has halogen headlights already ,they were great 40 years ago but a bit lacking compared to anything out there today. Is there any type of headlights i can install or modify to brighten dark night driving .What i dont want to do is tax the wiring so that it burns up . the wiring is original factory unmolested and in good shape but 52 years old looking for suggestions how to improve the night driving . Thanks for any help . Alex

·
Registered
118 Posts
Those^^^^^ have plastic lenses. Which the advertising suggests is an advantage. Maybe it is just me but if a housing is made with a glass lens, and many are, I’d choose that over plastic.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Those^^^^^ have plastic lenses. Which the advertising suggests is an advantage. Maybe it is just me but if a housing is made with a glass lens, and many are, I’d choose that over plastic.
I don't disagree, I like glass also.
But I don't think any modern car using new technology uses glass anymore.
and they all seem to work great ! unless you car lives out in the sun and they fog up after a decade or so.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I don't disagree, I like glass also.
But I don't think any modern car using new technology uses glass anymore.
and they all seem to work great ! unless you car lives out in the sun and they fog up after a decade or so.
I agree no modern cars use glass anymore but these are not modern cars. Just because LED headlights are newer technology doesn’t mean they can’t look similar to original 50 + year old headlights.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
I agree no modern cars use glass anymore but these are not modern cars. Just because LED headlights are newer technology doesn’t mean they can’t look similar to original 50 + year old headlights.
Yes,
And these are about the closets LED's I have found that look close to OEM.
Post up the Glass one's, I'd like them myself.

Tableware Automotive lighting Silver Grey Font

Holley sells them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts