Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All, I am thinking of changing up my headliner color. originally interior was 100% all black. I am restoring the car so all interior is gutted and the old headliner is garbage. Was color of headliner would look good with black seats and carpet?
has anyone done this before, a lighter color headliner and sails and A pillars and have black seats, carpet and doors etc.
I do not want white....
could you post some pictures of what you have to give me an idea as to how it would look.
Second question, I see you can buy one piece hard headliner. has anyone installed one of those before. My windshield and rear window are removed as well. so access is not an issue.

thanks

·
Gold Lifetime Member
2,204 Posts
Can't help with the first question....
but do a search using "TMI headliner" and you will get many threads about their one-piece headliners.
I have installed one in my 69 and love it.

·
Premium Member
3,371 Posts
Most modern cars with dark interiors have light colored headliners
Take for instance my ‘16 silverado has black leather interior with tan headliner

·
Registered
639 Posts
I didn't see where you mentioned the exterior color you have or are going with. Also need to consider the overall look pertaining to the exterior color as well. Example: red exterior, black interior with light gray/tan liner, not to good looking. Red exterior with black interior with red liner, well, ok; but then it would really pop with red carpet to tie it together, especially if you have black accents on the exterior paint. Just a thought or two.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts