Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a front bucket seat recovering kit for my 69 camaro and it came with headrest covers. Am I supposed to cover the old vynl with the new....since the old material is attatched to the headrest foam? Also I ordered regular foam for my seats and I realized that I had molded in springs in the foam...is there any way I could pull out the spring from the old foam and used it with my new or should I just order the correct foam?

Jared

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
They call them headrest covers. I think you stretch them over the old stuff although, I wouldn't think that they would look very good if you stretched the covers over the existing vinyl.

They are a unit replacement item like arm rests. You can buy them color matched for about $140/pr.

Rick's 1st gen catalog says that "very few" '69s had a seatback cushion with a reinforcing wire molded into it. But, they do sell the correct cushions for your application. I wouldn't screw around with trying to make the ones you have fit. Just order the right cushions otherwise the finished product won't be to your liking.

[This message has been edited by PDQUICK (edited 01-03-2003).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.