Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just been told by my parts guy that the 69 Front spoiler #03938689 has been discontinued. The Lansing Michigan warehouse has 25 in stock. If anybody wants a GM spoiler for their resto, better get it now. I initially ordered a repro because of the cost difference. The repro I have is made of a less flexible plastic, but it has a nicer appearance than the GM. I thought I had done the right thing until I matched it up with my original and found the repro to be about 1" longer on each end. It kinda looks funny on the car. The extra inch on the ends is noticable. What I don't know, is how many different types of repro spoilers there are out there? Is there a better fitting one to be had? I ordered the GM spoiler because of the fit problem (I'm fussy) and learned of the part being discontinued. If anybody has had any luck getting a more exact duplicate of the original, please let me know.
Thanks
Jim
:eek:

·
Registered
456 Posts
I have a GM spoiler, and a repro I bought from Rick's and I would say the repro is much nicer. I would say it is as flexable if not more than the GM. One of the few repro parts that I have run across that was any good. So unless your going concourse resto I wouldn't waste the money on the GM. 35.00 vs. 110.00

1 - 7 of 7 Posts