1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
10,082 Posts
I would guess that like most everything he has or sells, it is at the very top of the price range. JM did not get his $90K a few weeks ago for his orginal Z/28. Maybe it sold privately. I really don't think ebay is the place to sell the best of the best. JMHO.

·
Registered
5,772 Posts
I really don't think ebay is the place to sell the best of the best. JMHO.
Very good point.

Yes, there are some very nice cars on ebay every now and then, but most of the "best" cars never see ebay. In the rare instance that they do, it usually seems to be as an advertising tool rather than anything.

·
Registered
5,947 Posts
IMO He's pretty much dead on about the restoration cost of everything these days, i actually think $40.00 an hour labor is cheap this day and time to do it correctly, Already been there and done that on my vert. :)

·
Premium Member
8,358 Posts
IMO He's pretty much dead on about the restoration cost of everything these days, i actually think $40.00 an hour labor is cheap this day and time to do it correctly, Already been there and done that on my vert. :)
IMO I think he's added a big $$ premium for the non-original JL8 and crossram set-up. Now if the JL8 brakes were original to the car, well then maybe.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Paul, that is exactly what I thought! Some good points are in the write up IMO. And Rob, I agree 100% about your comment if the car would have been original with JL8, etc., for that kind of money but who knows now? What do some of our other members think?

·
Premium Member
10,082 Posts
Very good point.

Yes, there are some very nice cars on ebay every now and then, but most of the "best" cars never see ebay. In the rare instance that they do, it usually seems to be as an advertising tool rather than anything.
Someone with $139K to burn on a car is going to call him and make a deal.
No % for him to pay ebay.

·
Registered
355 Posts
its a beautiful car...but expensive!

·
Registered
418 Posts
I've dealt with Jim, and he knows what he has.....if you want the real thing, you gotta pay the real price.....

I am disappointed with the comfort grip steering wheel that's not supposed to be there....

Never defined with an option code in 69....

Either way....it's great car....and probably worth it.....

·
Premium Member
9,619 Posts
Just curious... what would the two options sell for independant of the car (JL8 brakes and crossram)?

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
I believe this car was at Stan's Restorations with my yellow yellow Z . Stan does real nice work but I believe it was just there for minor stuff and not a restoration

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
I think Jim prices based on what he'd be willing to sell for, rather than market.....and he's not willing to sell at market. e.g. his ZL-1 which he advertised at $1.4 Mil. a year or so ago.

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
ZL-1 which he advertised at $1.4 Mil. a year or so ago.
I'm going to get two of them.... One to drive in the rain and one to drive in the snow.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts