Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my 68 out for a spin, the last two days have been just gorgeous around here.
I was quickly reminded that I had intended on looking in to blocking the coolant flow to the heater core, This car is equipped with AC and it feels like the heater is on constant, When I turn on the AC ( R134 retro) It does not blow cold enough, as it has to overcome the heat from the heater core,
Does any one with a 68 have or had the same problem? What was your solution?
I do not want to completly block off the heater core as some nights are cool and the heat is needed.
Is there a block off valve required for the 68, that may be missing from my car?
Any comments and suggestions welcomed.
Thanks guys
Rob.

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
I would check the heat lever connections and function. Also check the seals on the mix doors - sounds like they may be shot. There are kits available from the repop people to address this.

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
I'm speaking 69, here, but assume 68 is similar. There should be a vacuum valve in line on the heater hose. It is riveted to the inner fender, and its purpose is to control the hot water, when the A/C is on. See if you have one, if it has been bypassed, or if it works.

You might just have a vacuum leak. The vacuum tube connects to a tee under the dash, on the pass side, and comes tough the cowl. maybe you have a bad tube, or a bad connector.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unreal,
Thanks for sending me in the right direction,
My car is not equipped with a water valve, Found a vacuum diagram and will look into this, first I have find a vacuum valve.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts