Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
You'll get lots of opinions on this one I'm sure. Mine is to remove the entire right fender - both inner and outer. Just keep track of the shims and it should go back together easily. My experience is that shortcuts often lead to other problems or taking more time overall. Pulling the fender, replacing the motor and reassembling could take as little as 1 hour to complete, but your milage may vary - especially if you have kids

-dnult

·
Registered
10,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, I got a grand total of one opinion....yours. So that's what I did...removed the entire inner and outer fenders. One hour is a bit ambitious for this project. Air tools and a couple friends to gently R & R the fender made it do-able in three. Thanks for the advice....I'm warm now!!

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Sorry I am late with this but Eric68 had a great idea I will be using to replace the heater core and blower motor. He punched a hole in the inner fender well to access the last troublesome bolt.

I have a couple of pictures show the location where the hole should be drilled to access the bolt. Just use a rubber plug to cover the access hole when done.

------------------
-Funk
My '67 RS

1 - 4 of 4 Posts