Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if there is a reason Chevrolet dropped the heater box floor dump duct in the 1968 Camaro? The 1967 AIM shows this as item 5 #3895933, UPC 1/A7 and item 16 #3889486, UPC C60/A6. The 1968 AIM dropped UPC/A1 and does not show the duct on UPC C60/A6. The 1968 AIM does however reference the duct on UPC C60/E4 with no part number. I am trying to decide if this is correct for my 1968 Camaro with factory air conditioning.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try 68 Assembly Manual UPC 1, M series to see if it has what you are looking for.
Had a look in my '68 Assembly Manual UPC 1/Section M. It does not show the duct. The embedded image depicts what I am looking for. Taken from Google images that say it is for a '68 however the '68 Assembly Manual does not list the part.

Bumper Wood Automotive exterior Auto part Fashion accessory

Brian

·
Registered
472 Posts
I don't remember it on my 68 with Factory Air. But I will go look at it again, plus i will look in my box of spare duct pieces I have squirreled away to see if there is one in there.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Here are the 2 floor ducts I have the real black one came out of my May 68 Camaro.

The other one came in a box of ducts I acuired while looking for better parts for my ducting.

There was no additional piece to extend flow to driver's foot area in my car or in the box of ducting parts.

PS: anyone know where this rusty floor duct with the valve goes? I can't find it in the 68 AIM. I am going to look at the 67 & 69 AIMS, just to see it is from either of them. It may be of interest to someone since I can't use it.

EDIT: I just looked at all three AIMs and the rusty valve equipped floor duct does not show up in them. Mystery of the day.

Edit 2: A Google search for 67 Chevrolet heater diverter duct brought me stupid luck. I stumbled on the vehicle the rusty valve operated diverter goes in. It is for the 69 Firebird. One on Ebay for $119. Also found one for the Camaros listed for $149. WOW.

Camera accessory Office equipment Machine Auto part Bumper

Musical instrument Wood Tool Gas Machine

1 - 7 of 7 Posts