Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am replacing the foam seals on the inside doors of my heater box. Any adhesive experts out there that can recommend what adhesive to use? Some of the doors are inside and will be hard to get to, so a spray adhesive might be hard to use. I want to use something durable so I don't have to take this thing out again. Another concern I have is the glue getting hot from the heater core and letting out noxious fumes or melting and coming loose.

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
I often use a Rubber Foam product that has self-stick backing on it to repair vent/AC seals.
If use one of the 'repoppers' seal kits then I normally use Gasgacinch brand gasket cement to stick them on :thumbsup:
It is easy to use and will stick to most anything - as well as stand up to heat and other things ...

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
If you've ever used it you would never ask that question ;)

It was just mt recommendation of what I use, do whatever you want ...

·
Registered
130 Posts
I used contact cement when I rebuilt my heater box and it seems to work well. It is nice because it doesn't make a big mess and you can get things positioned before you permanently bond the parts.

·
Premium Member
19,656 Posts
I didn't get the seal kit. For that door seal I used Lowes table lamp felt. It had self-stick adhesive on it. After I installed it on the door I couldn't get it off without destroying the felt.
Roger

1 - 8 of 8 Posts