Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's everybody doing to reseal their 1st gen heater boxes that have AC too? A few places I've looked just have kits for cars w/o AC!

·
Premium Member
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I will reconsider doing it myself. I resealed my heater boxes on my 66 Chevy truck and 83 Camaro with the high density house weatherstripping and the wide foam used to line the tops of truck beds for camper tops. That seemed to work quit well.

·
Registered
13,315 Posts
with the high density house weatherstripping and the wide foam used to line the tops of truck beds for camper tops. That seemed to work quit well.
That that foam stuff that has a tar impregnated into it....works well, and for the passengers vent seal and rear tail light seals.

Or smear a layer of grease on the firewall, use silcone, a reasonbly thick strip, let tack off, then bolt up to the firewall...leave for 4 or 5 hrs then torque up the last turn or so.

The grease stops it sticking to the firewall, but lets it stick to the unit so you have a perminent gasket in place...
Works well on things like diff covers, rear tail light seals

I have used both methods very successfully, my choice as to the best depends what I have on hand at the time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts