Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,375 Posts
Don't know Ron, but Chevy never released heater-delete records. Back in 68, to run in any stock class you had to have a heater in your Camaro. NHRA rules at the time. Because there were no records, it wasn't 'Stock' legal.:)
Well, a friend was the local Chevy dealer parts man. He was the first to drive my car after it was winched off of the trailer. He was running a new 68 Camaro, B/S I think. He was teched as an L89. It was really a .060 over 427 L88. Too bad he used studs instead of head bolts. He had to remove the heater to install the heads. The NHRA flagged that, then ordered a tear down. End of L88 and the season. All of a sudden everything forward of the trany became available. I bought it all, even my original MT Super Scavengers. It was a year before I ordered my car when I turned 21. I really wanted a 427 in my new Camaro. Us kids didn't know they were an RPO.
All because of "heater delete".

·
Registered
4,406 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Jon,

Thanks for the link. I actually took a chance and bought the part from that seller and it is a very nice repop. I would highly recommend to anyone else looking for the heater delete plate for the dash...

Ron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts