Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone tell me where i can see some pics of how the heater fan switch is attached to the levers?and i also wanted to replace the seals in my heater box but cant get to the inside flaps,whats the trick to that?

·
Registered
2 Posts
CLASSIC AUTO AIR REBUILDS THOSE CONTROLS> 813-251-2356. yOU HAVE TO TAKE THE SHAFT OUT OF THE DOORS TO GET THEM OFF, GO TO HOME DEPOT FOR SOME CLOSED CELL FOAM, A LITTLE CONTACT CEMENT..... MICK

·
Registered
435 Posts
I rebuilt my switch. It sort of prys apart with bent tabs. If you are careful, its doable. The replacement glass/plastic thing is not the best quality. I had to go through a handful to find the "best" one and it still wasn't all that great. The lever repair kit worked well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info guys,ill take the doors off by removing the shaft.i still dont know how to connect the switch to the handle.i think im missing something,i dont see how thw arm on the switch changes positions by just connecting it with a push washer alone.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the help,do you know where i can see what the duct work lookis like for a 69 wo air.only thing that was still there is the defrost duct.

·
Premium Member
2,159 Posts
One other tip I recently found out. I took the plastic faceplate off my 68 heater control to clean. Of course the little tabs holding it in broke. There are 4 unthreaded holes in the bezel. Tap those and use 4 screws to re-attach the bezel to the control.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
any ideas of where i can see what the duct work looks like for the 69 w/o air?where can i get whatever it is im missing,i cant find anything in catalogs except for the defrost duct and hoses.

·
11,272 Posts
Ken, you have to get the pages from the AIM. Do you have one? That shows the cable attachment to the box. The only way to replace all the foam in a heater box is to drill out the spot welds on the tapered side and pull the metal cover off. I use neoprene rubber from McMaster-Carr, because the seal kit from the catalogs in cheap and does not fit properly (what a surprise) and cut to fit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts