Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry if this is a re-post, I am new to this. But I need to change me core because the car was small block. it now has a BB. can someone please explain this difference in the cores? do the hoses come out on the opposite side? can I just turn mine around and drill new holes through the cover?

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
Yup , different.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Just did this on my 69. I had a small block heater core and cover. I read on here that you can turn a small block cover into a big block cover with 2 holes and the heater core tube seal retainer, and a big block heater core.

I found out about the big block / small block heater core after we painted the car :(

The heater core will flip around to fit in the heater box. There IS a difference between a big block and small block heater core.

Heater core tube seal retainer - $20 at Classic Industries

Before:

After:

I just finished mounting up the heater core, and heater box, but no updated pics yet. But it fit perfectly :D

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
How did you fit the small block core in the big block position. They are two different cores. The tubes come out at different angles. You can use the same box though.

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
opps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts