Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
69 camaro non A/C car, heater fan always runs as soon as ignition turned on. Runs only at slow speed but always. When controls are off still runs and will not respond to low/medium or high settings. Part store recomended a rheostat or resistor, something like that which controls voltage that would then work with controls to run fan speed. Have never worked on this area of car and looks kinda painful squirming under dash. Thought I'd test the groups knowledge and see what come up first.

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
I've not owned a 69 Camaro in a long time, but I do remember my 69 Pontiac Catalina heater fan always running, even when the fan switch was in the lowest position. It may have been one of the better ideas they came up with for 1969.

·
Premium Member
3,188 Posts
Un plug it

·
Registered
592 Posts
69 camaro non A/C car, heater fan always runs as soon as ignition turned on. Runs only at slow speed but always. When controls are off still runs and will not respond to low/medium or high settings.
Mine is a 67, so I'm not intimately familiar with the 69 set-up.

Could it be that the control lever is broken or detached … hence moving the control lever is not changing the setting on the heater?

On the 67/68 versions those levers breaking in the rear (behind the dash) is not uncommon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts