Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trial and error has generated some new insight into the issue of HEI clearance in the 69-may apply to other years but I will just stick to what I have seen firsthand. I recently swapped my frame stands out, part numbers
river side 3945507 and p/s 3945508
With these stands, I had to "adjust" the firewall for my HEI installation. I now find that these stands are for the 69 302 Z & SS 350's only. I swapped to the 327 frame stands and it gives me at least one full inch additional clearance between the firewall and distributor-at the same height!
So, for anyone who wanted to know why some HEI's dropped right in, and others did not, this may be the answer-Look at your frame stands, verify what you have! One other thing to note, the numbers referenced above were clearly stamped into my old frame stands but the replacement stands, taken off a 69 at Camaro Country, had no numbers stamped in them anywhere. If anyone wants pictures of the numbers stamping, e-mail me and I will forward them on to you. [email protected]

------------------
1969 Camaro SS 350-383ci./365HP, T-56, 12 bolt, Power Trax Locker, 3.73 gears, 4 whl disc, Deluxe black houndstooth interior, rear window defogger, tilt steering, floor console w/gauge package, center mntd. clock, tachometer

1 - 1 of 1 Posts