Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i replaced coil, module, cap, rotor,capacitor, wires, and plugs im getting 12 volts in. i get an occasional spark but it seems week car will not fire nor if i advance or retard ignition it does nothing please help

·
Registered
127 Posts
This might sound silly, but if you can get one from a friend to try out it'll tell you if it's the dist or not.
Can you give some more info about the motor.

Are the plugs loaded up with gas and not able to fire? Bad gas? How are you checking forspark?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1979 prostreet:
well i replaced coil, module, cap, rotor,capacitor, wires, and plugs im getting 12 volts in. i get an occasional spark but it seems week car will not fire nor if i advance or retard ignition it does nothing please help<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

its a 383 stroker plugs are fine checked plug wires and getting no spark but it has 12 volts constant

·
Registered
671 Posts
check more than just one plug wire, it could be broken timing chain ,which is not turning the cam which in turn, turns the distributor, so if its broken you could have spark on one plug(which is the one the rotor is pointing at) and no spark on the others.well goodluck
Jake

·
Registered
707 Posts
You need to use an ST125 spark checker and not guess that the spark is good. Make sure your rotor is turning and not burnt and cap not cracked at coil screw locations. Hook a test light to the tach terminal and look for flashing/pulseing light. tug lightly on the pickup coil wires(they do break from vac adv going back and forth).

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had this very same problem last year and assumed the plugs were fine because they were new and all I was doing was starting the car to move it around the garage, Turns out the plugs were fouled, covered in carbon so bad they would not fire. What made it worse was that it burned up the coil leads and I started there replaceing everything till there was nothing left to replace. Look at the plugs or change them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts