Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, I just finished the conversion from stock points to HEI and I'll never ever look back again. It corrected my problems with sluggish idles, bogging on low rpm's and backfiring. I used an Accel HEI distributor, Taylor 8mm wires and a new set of plugs and the Z11 runs like a champ!

I had to slightly modify the stock cowl induction air cleaner element to clear the HEI cap. Also saw an improvement in torque.

Next comes the new KYB gas shocks, front and rear sway bars! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

·
Retired
26,778 Posts
I know it's your Pace car and it has already been modified with the dakota digital dash and stuff. I respect your right to do as you see fit as well. I just have to suggest maybe you can find a different air cleaner to meet your needs with the HEI. I have seen many that would give their left (oops) their eye teeth for an orig cowl setup!!

I re-read what you posted and think you have already modified it... Glad to hear you got it running better!

------------------
...Dennis
The Cars:
'69 RS Convertible w/SS trim
'96 Z28SS #1679 of 2410
The Club:
Camaros Limited Nor-Cal

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Duely noted. I will scratch the rear sway bar. The car did also come with one wire chrome alternator. I dropped off the air cleaner element this morning for modifications.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts